Our business and the purpose of collection
In particular, we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
- to provide you with Products and information that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about Products and offers which might interest you;
- to provide you with information or advice;
- to process payments by you for the Products;
- to create accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties in order for them to supply the Products to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- if you are a contributor to DSS, to identify your uploaded content as your content and to communicate with you about your uploaded content;
- if you are a contributor to DSS, to compensate you and to prepare taxation records; and
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
We may disclose additional purposes for collection of your personal information in collection statements at the point of collection.
Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address;
- email address;
- post code;
- financial and payment information;
- age and date of birth;
- telephone number;
- unique device identifiers;
- geo-location information;
- information about the Products you have ordered via our Online Platforms and your purchase preferences.
Sensitive information is information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record.
It is our policy to only collect your sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented or we are required or authorised under law to do so.
How we collect your personal information
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, our Online Platforms, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you place an order for Products via our Online Platforms or via any other means;
- when you visit our Online Platforms; and
- if you are a contributor to DSS, when you contribute content to us.
We may use temporary (session) cookies or permanent cookies when you access our Online Platforms. This allows us to recognise your browser and track the web pages you have visited.
You can switch off cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information.
If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we/ third parties may be unable to provide the Products to you;
- we/third parties may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about the Products that you have ordered from us, or may intend to order in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect;
- if you are a contributor, we may not be able to accept uploaded content from you.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- third parties, employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- clients and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, payment processing, marketing and related purposes; and
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with any Purpose, including to overseas cloud computing hosts. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may contact you with direct marketing communications and information about the Products or other products and services offered by us via telephone, email, SMS, or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by DSS by making a request to us.
Mail: The Privacy Officer
Drone Stock Shop Pty Limited
C/-Drhoyle Pty Ltd
Level 6, 1-19 Oxford Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.